Identity documents need to be certified by a trusted referee. This can be one of the following:
• Member of the police
• Justice of the peace
• Registered medical doctor
• Registered teacher
• Minister of religion
• Member of Parliament
• Charted accountant
• Notary public
• NZ Honorary Consul
The trusted referee cannot be:
• a person related to the customer, e.g. their parent, child, brother, sister, aunt, uncle or cousin.
• the spouse or partner of the customer.
• a person who lives at the same address as the customer.
When certifying documents, the trusted referee needs to make sure the document:
• is dated
• states that it is a true copy of the original, and includes their name, occupation and signature.
We are unable to accept documentation that was certified more than 3 months ago.